Re: [Xen-devel] DEBUG output starving network requests

To: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] DEBUG output starving network requests
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:23:21 +0000
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:28:08 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Keir has told me that this is harmless. I don't know if there is any
> way around it, but while this is going on I'm not able to talk to the
> machine over the network.

An easy fix for now will be to modify xen/common/memory.c. Wherever
dom0_get_page() is used, you'll notice that it's only in the fallback
path after failing on a call to get_page(). You can get rid of the
domain-builder errors by replacing code like:
 if ( !get_page() && ((domain != 0) || !dom0_get_page()) )
with:
 if ( !dom0_get_page() )

I'll fix the interface at some point so that the caller indicates
explicitly which domain it is executing page-table updates for.

 -- Keir