Re: [Xen-devel] Different esps

To: Xen list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Different esps
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacob@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:29:35 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:31:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 12:11, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

> execution_context_t ctxt;
> memcpy(&ctxt, get_execution_context(),sizeof(execution_context_t));
>
> printk("esp1 %08lx %08lx\n",ctxt.esp, current->thread.esp1);

Just to add a little more info;

my problem seems to be that the value of ctxt.esp from read from inside
Xen differs from what I set at domain creation time, and the value I get
from reading the esp from within the domain, by about 0x4000 bytes
negative.

I have tried setting the value of esp1 with the stack_switch hypercall,
but apparently this is not the one causing the Xen page fault.

best regards,
Jacob