Re: [Xen-devel] Console access

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Console access
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 05:54:42 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:56:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 05:51, Keir Fraser wrote:
> > Are there any plans to implement some sort of console access to domains
> > from dom0?  Right now if something happens and a domain doesn't boot
> > properly I assume the way to fix this would be to mount the vbd in dom0
> > and chroot yourself to it (haven't gotten vbd's working yet :).
> >
> > Some sort of console access (perhaps emulating a serial console) seems
> > like a much more elegant solution.
> >
> > Just a thought..
>
> Yes, this is definitely in the pipeline. Maybe a week or two away
> though.

Excellent, good feature to have!

Do you mind me asking an estimated ETA for the new vbd interface?
(weeks, months, ..)

I was looking to start using Xen within a week, but if one of the key
features I plan on using a lot is going to be redone I may as well just
wait.

--
Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
TekTonic