[Xen-devel] Time in Xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Time in Xen
From: Nicolas Bougues <nbougues-listes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:20:30 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:22:14 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi xen-people,

I have a strange problem. One of my various xen test boxes doesn't
accept to set its time. Basically, it's stuck to RTC time.

ntpdate, date, hwclock all "seem" to work, but they don't actually
change the system time. The only way I have to change it right now is
to change it in the BIOS, which is not a good thing.

Since I heavily "stripped down" the Debian version on this box, maybe
I broke something somewhere.

While I'm trying to debug how settimeofday() syscall work, I'm
wondering if there is some cross-domain time synchronization : are
they always in perfect sync, or should I run some kind of ntp stuff in
each subdomain ? Or only domain 0 would be enough ?

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive