xen-community

[Xen-users] Weekly Community Blog Update

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Weekly Community Blog Update
From: "Stephen Spector" <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:46:05 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 06:49:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen.org Community:

In an effort to reach out to a wider community audience, I am going to do a weekly email to the xen-users and xen-community mailing lists with major highlights from the week. Feel free to comment on any community efforts to me directly or in the public blog. Thanks.

March 31 – April 4 Community Highlights

·         Open Source Census Project - http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2008/03/28/open-source-census-project/

o   I did some research and it appears that all we need to do is determine a unique file that only a Xen Hypervisor deployment would install and add it to a pre-defined XML script. Anyone interested in assisting can read the blog and my comment to find out more.

·         Xen Summit 2008 Boston - http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2008/03/31/xen-summit-boston-2008-registration-live/ or http://xen.org/xensummit/

o   Registration site is live for the event; cost is $250 for the 2 day event -> June 23-24

o   Hotel discount at the Sheraton Boston is available as well - http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/USENIX2008

o   The event is co-located with USENIX Annual Technical Conference and all Xen Summit attendees will receive a $75 discount on that event

·         Xen.org Trademark Policy - http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2008/04/01/xenorg-trademark-policy-for-review/

o   The trademark policy for Xen.org is available for a 2 week review cycle

·         Xen Bug Tracking Project - http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBugs

Stephen Spector

Sr. Program Manager, Xen.org

954.267.2853