xen-cim

[Xen-cim] RE: Test Suite Structure

To: <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] RE: Test Suite Structure
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:54:57 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:52:39 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jim -

The situation is this:

1089:/tmp/test/cmpi/os-cmpi-xen.hg/test # ls
README                         embed_inst_kernel.py
instance_provider_template  system
association_provider_list      run-test.sh             xm-test
association_provider_template  instance_provider_list  setup-test.sh

There are several intrinsic files, directories, and two scripts -
run-test.sh and setup-test.sh all needed by the sblim-test suite.

The extrinsic test has its own test.py file (currently
embed_inst_kernel.py) plus a directory (currently xm-test) which is
where the xm-test ramdisk stuff resides.  I guess what I'm wondering is,
if there should be one test to run the intrinsics stuff and a separate
one to run the extrinsic stuff.  If there should be one big
run_everything.sh file which kicks of the intrinsic and extrinsic tests
then it makes sense to keep everything in one directory.  Otherwise,
it's hard to say what's what.  I don't really care what we do, I just
want to know which way to go.

Luke