xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Null pointer exception

To: "Jim Fehlig" <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] Null pointer exception
From: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 15:12:02 -0500
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 12:11:26 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jim
I think I understand why I am getting the null pointer exception.
The VSManagement service parses the Virtual Systems Setting Data, in the
function vssd2xenconfig.
When it looks for some property value like so
propertyvalue = CMGetProperty(vssd, "OnReboot", status)
And that property value does not exist, I am getting an error like this.
RequestHandlerIFCXML::doProcess caught
Exception:OW_COWIntrusiveReference.cpp: 62
NULLCOWIntrusiveReferenceException: NULL COWReference dereferenced
Clearly this shouldn't be happening.
Any idea how I can debug this?
Raj