xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Call on Friday May 26?

To: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Call on Friday May 26?
From: Gareth S Bestor <bestorga@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:12:28 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:08:11 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

D'Oh!

OK. I will call in Friday and we can chat about the embeddedinstance stuff (needed for DefineVirtualSystem) with whomever else is around. If folks are happy for the time being with restricting CIM clients to sending the embedded SettingData instances contained in the DefineVirtualSystem() input array arg as MOF-formatted strings, then we can probably get by with using the parser code I've already written, with whatever changes are necessary to support the latest SettingData properties/types. Support both CIM-XML *and* MOF formatted strings will require writing an additional parser.

Or lean on the OpenWBEM/OpenPegasus/sfcb developers to more fully support embedded instances/objects... :-)

- Gareth

Gareth S. Bestor, PhD.
IBM Linux Technology Center
M/S DES2-01
15300 SW Koll Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006
503-578-3186, T/L 775-3186, Fax 503-578-3186

Sent by:        xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx