xen-arm

Re: [XenARM] INITRAMFS SOURCE Path

To: Comson <comson@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XenARM] INITRAMFS SOURCE Path
From: See-Hwan Yoo <seehwan.yoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:45:26 +0900
Cc: xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:45:40 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:reply-to:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=PSnMYvoHSHEhaxS8gGMqfVbhahqK5tbaQVLqJNc8FKs=; b=AVLdf6G8CZVVF9QhM5GrEP9aXZmk8YRH0xl9niD4qtLGBLwW7jLF+FBxptkjp1LdJ6 FkJ7xqiu24pvKn/EYr1Tp2qQ3kbSuy0kVLa/yEMzNRzjcnhdFurp9Kx/+vjIep2upTgd Uj7mrzE50DkuVSpxqFvuSMD/oieJwJJrMSipY=
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It is the initramfs source directory, and you can use your own
filesystem's directory.
For example, make your local filesystem directory for the target
board, and specify the initramfs source directory to it.
Then, initramfs will be merged into your kernel image, and your kernel
will boot with the filesystem.
Namely, if you want to change any files in guest dom1, you should
modify it inside the local initramfs source directory,
and compile the kernel image so that the image can include the modification.
-of course, any local modification is possible because it is a ramdisk
filesystem, but note that it is not a permanent modification.