xen-arm

[XenARM] [Patch] ARM Versatile PB support

To: xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [XenARM] [Patch] ARM Versatile PB support
From: "Jang, Minsung" <minsung@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:23:13 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:23:18 -0800
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am very pleased to submit new patch for platform support of XenARM.
This patch includes ARM Versatile Platform Board(PB) support codes and bug fix
of XenARM.

The limitations of the patch are as follows:
 - Supports only upper 64MB of RAM on board (0x04000000-0x08000000)
   in order to avoid the conflict with domain creation codes in XenARM.
   I expect the conflict will be resolved by XenARM maintainers in near future.
 - Supports only the first Vector Interrupt Controller(VIC)

It also has been implemented and tested at the below environments
 - QEMU 0.9.1
 - u-boot 1.3.4

In addition, current version of QEMU doesn't support a flash memory and network
interface of Versatile PB properly, so that you must apply patches into QEMU,
and u-boot in order to use this . Please refer
http://thomas.enix.org/Blog-20081002153859-Technologie about that.

For more details, you can find at $(XEN_ROOT)/xen/arch/arch-versatile/README.

Thank you,
Minsung

Minsung Jang
minsung@xxxxxxxxxx