xen-arm

RE: [XenARM] Source code release for Xen on ARM and the associated acces

To: "sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx" <sbuk.suh@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [XenARM] Source code release for Xen on ARM and the associated access control (Secure Xen on ARM)
From: ROSSIER Daniel <Daniel.Rossier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:18:36 +0200
Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
Cc: "Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 07:19:57 -0700
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks a lot Sang-bum for this great news!! We now will try to base our work on
your port, and to see in the future if it would make sense to merge our
repository with yours. We will send our contributions through this mailing list
and keep you aware of our progress.
Please note that there is an existing XEN arm repository too at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/embeddedxen which was intended to maintain a
port of XEN on the Colibri/PXA270 machine. The work has been suspended for a
couple of months, but we will now go ahead with this project and to explore XEN
support for hard realtime extensions within Linux (such as Xenomai). For sure,
we will start using the SAMSUNG's port as a basis.

> Secure Xen on ARM consists of Xen on ARM hypervisor, and the associated
> access control.
> This release includes mini-OS.
>
> I will do my best as the Xen-ARM maintainer and do release para-
> virtualized Linux by Q4 2008 after cleaning the source code as shown in
> roadmap.

We will also try to going ahead with a full Linux domU and drivers; again, we
will keep the mailing list informed about our progress, and we would be happy
if we could collaborate in parallel.
Do you think that it would be possible to release partial code from your side
on this mailing list?

> Welcome Xen developers who are interested in making contributions to
> Secure Xen on ARM !
>
> Please see at wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sang-bum