xen-arm

Re: [XenARM] initial bootstrap code

To: xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [XenARM] initial bootstrap code
From: "Damien Barthélémy" <damien.ba@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:07:46 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:08:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=cQZPPAj/myT0TROxhYQM9KuDPNX+GN6MhWcH5nWNiVM=; b=fO05/bKOABrw7U3LHI+eeSY4uYuIDdffqJ6a+k2SmAklZczzKhong486A2gg4BBR/TtfoHm8JOesCDtZbZrFT/hUSkappFwzlrR38dfmMgY9QjVIH1aFFjHMe8xgl6jyWz4KG9YbZ6+wAJdVNSiaEZEGT2hUr4HiYctcP6Ewiqo=
Sender: xen-arm-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FWIW, I'ld recommend using a .config and config.h generated for the
Xen ARM target machine using Linux.  Have xen/arch/arm/Rules.mk
include the .config and include config.h in source files to properly
select ARM processor and machine build time options.  I'ld also recommend
using (a sub set of ) the linux/arch/arm/Makefile as the basis for the
xen/arch/arm/Rules.mk file.

I note this for future work on xen3.1 tree integration. I didn't use these 3 linux files directly as a base (copy of the file). I tried to adapt the Makefiles/config options one by one.

I notice that the embeddedxen CVS repo is not setup yet.  Hrm, maybe
that's for the better.  I'ld personally prefer to see a GIT or HG
repo instead...

The question of what code repo to use is not clear. We prefer to use tarball+patch now (we have to do a lot of add/remove file). But it will certainly change with the project progress.

It's nice to see you're making some progress getting the Xen ARM community
port moving forward!  Hopefully we can spend some time collaborating on
this...

Of course. I will continue to send information about my work ! A code repository is a question to study... I am not familiar with this !