xen-api

[Xen-API] xen-api-libs unit tests

To: xen-api <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] xen-api-libs unit tests
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:01:38 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 03:06:50 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've added some more unit tests to xen-api-libs which can be run at build time:

https://github.com/djs55/xen-api-libs/commit/75d9fb555e40700d6b959c116d64c603767b74cb

I've also added a "make test" target to the makefile which is invoked as part
of the RPM build. I encourage everyone to (i) design their code to be testable;
(ii) add some unit tests where the effort is worth it; and (iii) hook 'em in to
the "make test" target. When deciding whether a particular test is worth it or
not, I try to imagine myself refactoring the code in about a years time, when
I've forgotten how it all works :)

Cheers,
Dave