xen-api

Re: [Xen-API] Re: xcp 1.1 rc

To: "Alexander V. Smirnov" <asmirnov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Re: xcp 1.1 rc
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:38:19 +0100
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 06:38:34 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/24/2011 12:09 PM, Alexander V. Smirnov wrote:
Thank you, Mike. Unfortunately that is not my personal experience with
XCP. The schema with XCP 1.1 BETA and XC did acted the opposite. When
the day X came on one of the hosts, all guests machines stopped
answering. I had to cheat the expire data as it was recommended online
some time ago. My main issue is that I am a heavy user of the
XS5.5update 3. Citrix declined to upgrade my old licenses to the new
ones, so I can not use them with the new licensing server. So I
explore an opportunity to switch the production to XCP. All those
details are important. What would you recommend to use as the
management tool for XCP, then?

There was a bug in XCP 1.1 Beta which caused the licensing code to remain enabled. We've removed the licensing code from XCP 1.1 RC1, and we've tested that, after the 30 day grace period expires, the XCP hosts continue to run unhindered (even though the license nag dialog remains). Please give the RC a try.

I also recommend OpenXenManager, as Sebastien has already mentioned, if XenCenter doesn't work for you.

Mike