xen-api

[Xen-API] plugin documentation

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] plugin documentation
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:25:02 +0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 03:27:03 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good day.

I unable to find documentation about plugin creation...

I still polishing antispoofing patch and right now I'm thinking about
best place to keep restriction.

My idea: keep them in other-config of VIF, something like:

other-config: allow_ipv4=192.168.1.0/24,192.168.2.1
allow_ipv6=dead:beaf/32,bad:dad:feed:food/64.

I'll parse it in vif script and apply them to interface, but main
problem is transfer of rules from xapi database to xenstore.

(my previous version used an local file - that was ugly and error prone,
in our deployment we used special connector to our management database),
but I'd like to make this fully xapi-centric.

I know about OF-controller, but VDS from Citrix is not opensource, and
all others doesn't looks very nice for me - especially because of new
point of failure. Add it only for simple antispoofing is not very good
idea.

Any ideas/suggestions about rules transfer from xapi database to vif
script?  Thanks.