Thanks for the good work :)

Cheers,
Sébastien

On 16.09.2011 21:29, Jonathan Ludlam wrote:
Dependencies should now be sorted. Took a bit longer than I expected as the blktap deb was additionally missing a required binary, so I couldn't test it properly.

I expect the problem with the modules.dep thing is that it's trying to run the init script after the install, and the init script contains a cheeky modprobe or two.

Jon

Sent from my iPad

On 16 Sep 2011, at 17:43, "Matthias Blankenhaus" <matthiasblankenhaus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
To: Matthias Blankenhaus <matthiasblankenhaus@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Jonathan Ludlam <jonathan.ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] xapi dependency issues

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Matthias Blankenhaus
<matthiasblankenhaus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi !
> I am trying to install xapi_0.1+1315480729-1_i386.deb from git hub and I
> realized that it depends on blktap-utils.
> I cannot find that pkg anywhere, except in an older folder on github:
> /XCP/debian/62. When downloading that version of blktap-utils
> and installing it, it seems to conflict with vhd-utils.
> My suspicion is that blktap-utils is outdated and needs to be removed from
> the dependency list of xapi.

Are you following:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XAPI_on_debian

Or are you trying something else?

[matthias]  Yes, I was following the instruction on that page, more specifically I downloaded the _latest_ bins
and attempted to install them into a Debian rootfs. All the other pkgs from latest installed just fine, except for
xapi.
On that note, I think the dependency on blktap-dkms is also obsolete.  I was able to install the xapi pkg via this line:

# dpkg --ignore-depends=blktap-utils,blktap-dkms -i xapi_0.1+1315480729-1_i386.deb

One more thing,  there seems to be a dependency on a modules.dep from a particular kernel:

Setting up xapi (0.1+1315480729-1) ...
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/modules.dep: No such file or directory

xapi still installs, though.  In my case, I do not even have kernel modules, but rather I have compiled everything into vmlinuz.

Cheers,
Matthias

Thanks,
Todd