xen-api

[Xen-API] XCP BETA BUG: Expiring after 30? days of installation (and wor

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] XCP BETA BUG: Expiring after 30? days of installation (and workaround)
From: hga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:36:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 13:37:13 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Restarted my first XCP 1.1 build 48877 just now and was unpleasantly
surprised to learn that "Your license has expired.  Please contact your
support representative." when I tried to start a VM.

With a little Google fu I discovered this has happened before with
interim releases of e.g. 0.5.0.  The workaround for another 30 days
thanks to a posting by Jonathan Ludlam is as follows:

Stop xapi (cd /etc/init.d; ./xapi stop).

Edit /var/xapi/state.db, searching for "expiry" and replacing the date
with a later one.

Start xapi (cd /etc/init.d; ./xapi start)

According to his message, any extension for the version being discussed
will be capped at 30 days, after which you can do the same thing again.

BTW, other than this kerfuffle the XCP 1.1 beta has been quite solid for
me, however I have a surfeit of RAM so I'm not (currently) bothered by
the previously mentioned memory provisioning issue.  Thanks for the good
work!

- Harold