xen-api

RE: [Xen-API] Re: repository for storage manager (/opt/xensource/sm)

To: 'George Shuklin' <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>, Zheng Li <dev@xxxxxxxx>, Julian Chesterfield <Julian.Chesterfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] Re: repository for storage manager (/opt/xensource/sm)
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 23:00:41 +0100
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:01:29 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Therefore the header in

> /opt/xensource/sm/ISCSISR.py

which says

> #!/usr/bin/python
> # Copyright (C) 2006-2007 XenSource Ltd.
> # Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Citrix Ltd.
> #
> # This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> # it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as
> published
> # by the Free Software Foundation; version 2.1 only.

is correct. (Except the years in the (C) statements look a bit out of date)

Zheng wrote:

> > * The official XenServer/XCP source ISOs, which are distributed as
> part of XenServer/XCP and are supposed to contain all the open sourced
> components of XenServer/XCP, doesn't contains the SM code

I'm sure you're correct: the SM code hasn't made it onto the source isos yet.
This is a bug in the build system which should be fixed.

> > * XCP once released a checkpointed versions of sm.hg on xenbit and
> probably synced it once in a while.

The plan was to keep the mirror on xenbits up-to-date. We (JonL, MikeM and I)
were talking about this today. We hope to set up something to automatically
maintain the mirror so that no one has to remember to push manually.

> However I couldn't find any LICENSE file in the directory about the actual
> license being used.

We should also add a LICENSE.LGPL file to reinforce the header comments.

> Only some of
> the source files have license heads of *LGPL* (rather than *GPL* as you
> mentioned). In fact, some of the source files even come with
> proprietary license heads (e.g.http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/XCP/xen-
> sm.hg/file/008eee4e2699/XenCert/XenCert).

I suspect this is an oversight: someone created some new code and cut and
pasted the wrong header. Could you clarify, Julian?

Cheers,
Dave