xen-api

[Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] Re: XCP 1.0 Issues:

To: Rushikesh <rushikesh.jadhav@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] Re: XCP 1.0 Issues:
From: Chris Percol <chris.percol@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:45:53 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:46:20 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=SDyyl0upYVFOjJ0tioD0bjgUjLjZzjT6uX3JWfjt+zw=; b=bvO8TmzbvGrVCQrKC7Q9yRc4+owncT+eNaMQTxFHkSLpLBs2qH3gxeB9+ETiQ+6mg0 b40xc+Gjl1ejwZEIivdGd4HgFUCCG78nsJll8tgNgGuQtdhDelWsOWMr7GGM2osg1SyN pER6K5uW9tz0BXrzAoj/aHKa0yNXwZmRBoiQ4=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rushikesh,

I had the same windows, driver disk issue, and it came down to the iso disk I was using. I burnt several iso files of Windows 2008 R2 Server and encountered this problem. I then used an original Microsoft 2008 disk and the problems went away.

Try some other media and see if you have any joy.

Chris

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Rushikesh <rushikesh.jadhav@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 16 February 2011 02:40 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
> Hi Pankaj,
>
> These types of questions are best posed on the xen-users list. I've
> added the list to the CC.
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:59 AM, pankaj.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx
> <pankaj.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Todd,
>>
>> I am using XCP 1.0 since last one month and i have got few issues.
>> Last week my XCP Server went down abruptly due to power failure.
>>
>> 1. When i tried to start the guest machines on it, it gave error 'the vdi is not available.

This is probably due to an unsafe shutdown resulting xe database
inconsistency.
Try xe-toolstack-restart and see if that helps.

> Maybe this is related:
> http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX122001
>

>> 2. Second thing is when i try to install a new machine with DVD or from NFS ISO's, it ask for choosing appropriate drivers.

IMO This has nothing to do with XCP. Most of the times this comes when
the kernel on ISO has insufficient drivers.
Try doing a centos 5 install and see if problem persist.

Seniors can shed some light on this.

> Where is it asking for appropriate drivers?
>
> Also, just in case you missed the message, a new XCP release candidate
> is available:
>
> http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/xcp-1.0-rc2
>
> Others on this list may have some pointers to your specific problem as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

Regards,
Rushikesh