xen-api

Re: [Xen-API] Building with source on github (and pull requests)

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Building with source on github (and pull requests)
From: Magnus Therning <magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:01:39 +0000
Cc: Xen-API List <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 02:01:59 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 04:50:18PM +0000, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:41:29AM +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> As a bit of an experiment I've been building XCP from the source on
>> github[1].  I can report that it works :-)
>>

> Great! Do you know if there are tutorials out yet?
> If not, I was thinking of working on "how to rebuild xcp ISO from sources"
> tutorial..

No, I don't think there are any tutorials.  It would be a good thing to have
one though, so go for it.

I should also note that I'm only building xen-api-libs.git and xen-api.git,
not a full ISO.

Cheers,

Magnus Therning                            magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxx
XenServer Security Lead

There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language
in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs.
     -- Flon's Axiom

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
     -- Alan Kay