xen-api

RE: [Xen-API] after pool-eject, ip address of ejected host is corrupted

To: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Anthony Xu' <anthony@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] after pool-eject, ip address of ejected host is corrupted
From: Rob Hoes <Rob.Hoes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:37:48 +0100
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 03:38:00 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That's right, the IP configuration of the management interface if set when you
run the installer, and this information is written to /etc/firstboot.d/data/...
and never updated. After a pool eject, this information is re-used to configure
the management interface. Could you check if /etc/firstboot.d/data/interface-*
and network.conf contain the right settings?

I have some patches to address this (update the firstboot data before the
eject), which I will send to the list soon. Meanwhile, you could manually
update the firstboot data if needed.

Cheers,
Rob