xen-api

[Xen-API] Future of "current" Python API and further developement

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Future of "current" Python API and further developement
From: Olivier LAMBERT <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:35:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 00:35:21 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I would like to know if the python API, which is part of Xen in Debian
package, will be still incorporated in next versions. I know it can be
a question for packagers, but it's more to understand if standalone
Xen and its python API have a future (opposed to XCP, but XCP is not
always fitted for certain purpose, when standalone Xen is "enough").
If not, does OCaml one can replace it ? For example, current ocml
version of xapi can drive Xen hypervisor in Debian Lenny (v3.2 of xen)
?

Because it's hard to take decisions about interface for this API if I
don't really understand the roadmap between these products :)

Regards,

Olivier
XO Project
http://xen-orchestra.com