xen-api

[Xen-API] domains created through API do not show dom id

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] domains created through API do not show dom id
From: "suyash jape" <suyashjape@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:19:17 +0530
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 07:49:45 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all
  I am using XenAPI (port 9363) to create new domains through ruby scripting...Xen is a registered package(gem) in ruby which provides an interface to the XenAPI.Its quite basic as compared to the python bindings.

Domains created in this way do not show any domain  Id ....after inspecting the XML RPC messages , i found that these doamins have dom id = -1 ..i.e  idle domains to my understanding.

I am not able to xm destroy/shutdown/restart or control these domains in any way.These domains remain in xm list even after i reboot the machine.

1) Any suggestions regarding this ..or What to do with idle domains
   Heres wht i found about idle domains :
"Dom idle
denote a special idle domain that "executes" on the
CPU when there are no other runnable domains (i.e. there is
no virtual machine that is not-blocked and not-idle). Dom
idle
is the analog to the "idle-loop" executed by an OS when there
are no other runnable processes."

2) Are domains created through API different from those created from config file?
How do they differ ...is this what is managed and unmanaged domains ?

Cheers
Suyash