xen-api

Re: [Xen-API] Changes to the API

To: Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Changes to the API
From: John Levon <john.levon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 16:15:16 +0100
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:12:16 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 02:49:55PM +0100, Tom Wilkie wrote:

> (within the constraints of an open source

   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> project) we intend to keep this API stable.

Could you clarify what this means please?

> >I also wanted to ask
> >if anyone has an idea about a rough ETA and/or roadmap for the
> >final release of the API specs.
>
> The final API specs (version 1.0) can be found on the wiki, and are
> included in xen-unstable.hg in the docs directory.

I'm not sure these can be considered final as they do not document a whole host
of behaviours (for example, there is neither a complete list of error returns
nor any weasel-words about undocumented error returns)

Unfortunately I'm way too busy to help with this at this moment in time but I
do want to see the documentation firmed up (And also get a good idea of what
still remains to be implemented).

regards,
john