xen-api

Re: [Xen-API] Xen-API call Wed 8-9am PDT

To: Gareth S Bestor <bestor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Xen-API call Wed 8-9am PDT
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:17:55 +0100
Cc: Xen-API <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:18:05 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 04:32:31PM -0700, Gareth S. Bestor wrote:

> With the Xen Summit over, and the Xen-API a little more 'public' now, I
> thought it would be good to resume our Xen-API calls.

Hi guys, I'm very sorry, my email got totally screwed yesterday, and
this email has only just come through.  Sorry that I missed the call.

> Suggestions for agenda:
>
> - followup from Xen Summit: questions about Xen-API, control stack, etc
> - move this call to a better day/time?
> - ETA for Xen-API appearing in 3.0.4 tree? (or when 3.0.4 for that
> matter... :-)
> - Xen-API 3.0.3 adapter schedule; ie when backward compat adapter will be
> available for 3.0.3 users.

The Xen-API work will appear in xen-unstable as soon as 3.0.3 forks.
This will somewhere between "a week" and "when it's ready" depending
upon who you ask!  In the meantime, I'm putting together some
early-access patches for Jim and anyone else who's interested, and of
course the C bindings and the fake server are available on the wiki for
people to start development against immediately.

3.0.4's schedule isn't nailed down, but we are aiming for 8 weeks
between releases, so if you were just after a finger-in-the-air guess,
I'd suggest 1 December this year (a week for 3.0.3 to fork, a week for
it to be released, 8 weeks between releases, and week for good luck).
I'd certainly be disappointed if it didn't land before Christmas.

The adapter will be a deliverable for Xen 3.0.4, and will match those
timescales.  It'll probably be available for experimentation in a month
or six weeks, once we've nailed down the new functionality and start to
get all the compatibility and testing bits in place.

Any other questions?

FYI, I'm going to be on vacation for two weeks from Friday, so unless
you happen to be in Yosemite, don't expect to hear from me until Oct 1!

Cheers,

Ewan.