xen-api

[Xen-API] Re: XSDL schemas for Xen virtual machine configurations

To: "Andrew D. Ball" <aball@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] Re: XSDL schemas for Xen virtual machine configurations
From: Michael Day <ncmike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:30:19 -0400
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 07:30:39 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 02/08/06 09:57 -0400, Andrew D. Ball wrote:
Cool!

You're most welcome to kick this off which whichever type of schema you
think is appropriate.  I think [without lots of experience to back it
up, mind you] that something simple would be fine for now, leaving the
more complicated contraints to domain logic.

Please don't ignore the DMTF modelling work that is going on right now. CIM technology is not elegant but standard xml schemata are truly horrid - there
are no elegant options.

CIM schemata are very good a expressing conditions and relationships, despite
their clumsy notation.

Mike