Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Xci-devel] Information on XCI Project and root.ext2 file download

Hi ,
I already folowed all the steps on this whitepaper.
I sucessfully create and compiled my build and get root.ext2 file.
But then after creating my system and booting with grub I can't find the
command vhd-util to create Virtual Disk volume.
Also I created a config file and type :
xenvm  --config /path/to/my/config --monitor-dbus true
THe cmd line does not return any error but I get nothing working
If I refere to xentop no vm are running.
In addition, when I go to alt-F4 I see lots or errors refering to :
cannot run '/usr/bin/uid' no such file
cannot run '/usr/sbin/dbusbouncer' no such file

I'm very sorry but I can't find more documentation and whitepaper rather
than :
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XciGettingStarted
and
http://joshlander.com/?p=22

Thanks for your help ! I only want to test and developp opensource
application on top of XCI ;

2009/10/9 Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx>
2009/10/6 Damien Bruley <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Team,
> My name is Damien and I'm consultant on virtualisation.
> I'm testing XCI to implement it on a Desktop Virtualisation Project and I'll
> be interested if you could send me your rootfs.i686.ext2 so I could test
> xenclient properly.
> In fact I did compile XCI as mention in xen.org but when I get to "Welcome
> to Xenclient" after grub, I don't have any way to create VHD ... and no way
> to get a VM Working.
> Would it be possible , please, to help me on this ? I don't see much comment
> or documentation around creating/configuring VM with XCI ..

Hi Damien,

Here is the quick start guide.
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XciGettingStarted

Jean