Re: [Xen-users] pygrub and live migration

To: Christophe THIESSET <c.thiesset@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pygrub and live migration
From: Adi Kriegisch <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:46:37 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:50:46 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

> Is there a way to do live migration with domU started on pygrub?
Actually these two have nothing to do with each other.

> I'm actually running xen 4.1 (debian squeeze) on two nodes with a
> drbd+lvm+corosync architecture.
> Live migration was fine till I put my DomU's on pygrub.
I think you're using kernel 2.6.32-38 from Debian/Squeeze and are
experiencing this bug:

The bug (or regression) is fixed in 2.6.32-39 which is not directly
available in Debian/Squeeze but resides in stable-proposed-updates. Get the
update from there, install them inside your DomUs and have fun migrating
your DomUs again.

-- Adi