Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen

To: "admin@xxxxxxx" <admin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen
From: Aaron Cossey <aaron.cossey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 15:42:04 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 06:45:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM, admin@xxxxxxx <admin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am new to Xen, has 14 years of Linux experience so I have no problem tackling difficult topics, but dont want to waste time unnecessarily.

I need the shortest path to install a Xen Dom0 and then Xen guest images.

1) If it exists, I will apprec iate it if I can be pointed to a Xen enabled distribution that would enable me to immediately start configuring DomU guests. (I would be very surprised if it doesnt exist)
2) A very good step by step introduction or tutorial on how to install the Guests in bridged and Nat mode respectively.

There's a really good book which can help you start off fast: "The book of XEN - Chris Takemura & Luke Crawford"

It really helped me getting started.

Aaron Cossey