Re: [Xen-users] Intellicache linked to vhd corruption

To: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Intellicache linked to vhd corruption
From: Lars Seeliger <meesterlars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:52:20 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 01:54:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Florian

The documentation with Intellicache info can be found here:
support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/28750-102-661359/XenServer-6.0.0-installation.pdf

Most commands and descriptions are there though I've heard, somewhere, that resizing a cache-enabled VDI will break that VDI. If this is true, it's scarily not mentioned in the documentation.

Not snapshotting is simply not an option; it's one of the reasons we virtualise. Disabling caching before performing a snapshot is simply not possible, as adjusting the caching parameter is only possible on a halted VM.