[Xen-API] CloudLinux on Xen

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] CloudLinux on Xen
From: R J <torushikeshj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:35:26 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:07:05 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello List,

I am testing a XCP1 CentOS 5 paravirt vm with CloudLinux. http://cloudlinux.com/
CloudLinux is a great product for shared hosting and I was evaluation same on a paravirt guest.

I found a strange thing in XCP. CloudLinux provides xen kernel for DomUs and after installing the CloudLinux in a DomU it actually got 32 cpus inside.
I had assigned only 2 vCPU to that DomU. To confirm this I started generating load on that DomU and in no time it ate all my node's CPUs.

Is it an expected behavior that one of your DomU can eat all node with few modifications in kernel ?
Or is Paravirt not a Hardware Virtualized guest ?

Regards,
R J