Re: [Xen-users] ebtables support in XCP 1.1

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] ebtables support in XCP 1.1
From: brooks@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:36:31 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:38:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Found these in /etc/sysctl.conf:

# Disable *tables rules for bridge traffic to increase performance
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-ip6tables = 0
net.bridge.bridge-nf-call-arptables = 0

Can anyone verify that those are the correct options to change to enable
ebtables? The note concerning performance is concerning. Does anyone have any idea what sort of performance hit you're going to see if you enable ebtables? What version of ebtables userland tools would be appropriate to install? The default repo:

        http://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XCP/1.1.0/domain0/

doesn't exist.  Would the current version from CentOS 5.x

        ebtables-2.0.9-5.el5.i386
        Ethernet Bridge frame table administration tool

work as expected?  Once we work this out I'll put the info up on the wiki.