Re: [Xen-users] small cluster storage configuration?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] small cluster storage configuration?
From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:18:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 06:21:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Harper wrote:
Bart Coninckx wrote:

DRBD does not do 4 nodes. If you split in two clusters you cannot cross migrate, unless you set up the storage on each node in some way, bu thow are you going to replicate?

Well, yes, ... that's sort of why I'm asking the question :-)

Personally, I would create a storage cluster and a VM cluster, allowing for epxansion of the virtual nodes later if time/budget permits.

That's what I've done. Overall throughput is quite good, but seems to
suffer a bit on small writes.

Which leads to two follow-up questions:

1. Can I assume that you're both suggesting a 4-node storage cluster, and a 4-node VM cluster - running on the same 4 computers? If so, that's sort of what I'm aiming for.

2. What software are you running for your storage cluster?