[Xen-users] Re: XCP unable to migrate Fedora15 VM (tools installed, but

To: Xen Users Mail list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: XCP unable to migrate Fedora15 VM (tools installed, but don't show to be)
From: Mike Galvez <late2werk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:28:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:29:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anyone?    I can migrate my Windows guests.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Mike Galvez <late2werk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed the xs-tools package on the vm via CLI and when I try to migrate the vm to another host
I get an error saying the tools aren't installed. I've tried two or three times (rebooting after each) and
the CLI says "Tools already installed", but XCP doesn't see them. Is there a trick to getting this
done with Fedora?

I also have a FreeBSD server with the XENHVM pv drivers compiled into the kernel, but it also
shows in OpenXenManager as "Tools not installed". Any help here is also appreciated.

Thanks

    -Mike