Re: [Xen-users] Restrict XCP use XenCenter?

To: 黃獻輝 <turing@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Restrict XCP use XenCenter?
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:44:57 -0400
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:46:35 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=BU+tIWcbhw3GEzSVU900lwmMKn18VtK1Xy7lAJ687Hs=; b=N2qdM+1TI7Y8+8Dk7M/wOr58LothQ8fgMI9p0OBewOlXNOrah62bl5ujklLGPruXK/ HybU3AQrW114ucpHhj3/khvOGwViEGQpIBs+9vGR9K/4T2rhNo2eiGvsVoBnvsgp+GJm rYifP1tdujcg0ejinFUXHW3kRx+V/OUmh1JjQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2011/9/27 黃獻輝 <turing@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Dear all,
>

> How to make XCP cannot management by XenCenter?
>

> We have an environment about 10 XCP host,
>
> and provide about 50 vm for users,
>
> We notice that some users want to use XenCenter to connect the XCP host,
>
> even they don’t have password,
>
> so we want to make XCP cannot use XenCenter and only for console management,
>
> is it possible?

XVP is a good tool for this use case in the general sense.
http://www.xvpsource.org/

I wonder if xapi detects the specific type of client that is
connecting or if XenCenter has a traffic pattern that could be
detected and blocked by a firewall or intrusion detection.

--
Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm