Re: [Xen-users] Opensuse 11.4 domU hang on boot

To: David Gerbec <david.gerbec@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Opensuse 11.4 domU hang on boot
From: Dieter Bloms <xensource.com@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:34:03 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 02:35:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=bloms.de; h=date:from:to :cc:subject:message-id:references:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to; s=selector1; bh=oPYMRzWD sVSbFLlLp8LCBCc31EA=; b=OkLaPLOAz6bY4osI3JYDT+T457OfYUhR+RbKXZrj uZfQQhoBUiZ5sOts46ZFdg8J8B0Mk0+dpAGs9aOOb1ZA7gOe4P8NsJUPHwBJJQBw ea8rjavaLj16MMYnM5gXc/0yS6OROvBja7HL6mxiMjXrw8+u1kdgv+FK7BZ12wY1 jUhbRhf94OkEvdATYMmBwPv4c/Jh1pPwqmZEXubrV6FDIqcmDUneeLHFQPL2rDiX QhV22o+PD+bdl2IHLbx0CVCII8LhYnqPdkA1AncmsEECwEn7znllLhjMyW1ZocKD 1Rp0XejVcGoIv1bR/CtA7rOhoxglv4AomiTsegxiqUwEEeWO+J7Stc8ByW4rcAoq zZ4Zr4XKCvJ9DurzViV1GrP+lhrpXN0MoodWslxdLEY6+ADPS3bxAiNkyUbe1fls gB720s3pUVti3hm1jEiXpg8j0FnDOZZAOcn/MqBrnB9hIO6CjIR55m5tLGAfJ7aa 8IMruJvcjF1FDoXzQnCJfGqImp7aY0FWT1kUVBWMFrRJADlKx/XhHRmdf71qdLfq GnQ39Nxz1Zagd7G7k8xuz0ZMLijyRyt6eVBUHsZGYeh/jlN1rGFzZqP4mv2Ibjk0 7tttFXDBs1jzsDJjEMhQyaeZR2Dkbdw9+UhkYmL2FdxYhEOSvtwaVlwcsV9lLgNt 4FU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I had the same problem and solved it by increasing the
XENDOMAINS_CREATE_USLEEP value in /etc/sysconfig/xendomains of dom0.
I set it to 15000000 (15s).

On Thu, Sep 01, David Gerbec wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> Been looking around the internet but have not found a solution for
> my problem yet, all i found was a report on opensuse forums with no
> replays.
>
> I have a Xen dom0 running on OpenSuse 11.4 x86_64, on this I’ve
> created 3 PV instances all running OpenSuse 11.4 x86_64 as well. All
> 3 PVs were installed the same way with the same package selection
> and only ONE of this 3 PVs hangs at booting time just before the
> login screen should appear.
>
> I looked at the log files of the VM, when it hangs and when it boots
> normally, i copied and compared the logs (boot.msg, messages, ...)
> but i am not able to find anything substantial.
>
> A work around this problem seems to be - destroy VM, start VM, and
> keep going until eventually the VM starts up correctly.
>
> For testing purposes I’ve installed a PV with OpenSuse 11.3 x86_64.
> This VM runs normally, boots OK every time.
>
> Any of you experienced anything like that? Any idea what else i
> could check? Any info / help would be much appreciated.
>

> Regards,
> David Gerbec
>
> --
> David Gerbec, sistemska podpora
>
> Predlog! Obiščite prenovljeno spletno stran http://www.agenda.si
>
> ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
> STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT :
> IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA
>
> Visit our updated web page at http://www.agenda.si
>
> OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
> SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING
> : SOFTWARE
>
> "Windows is a 32-bit shell for a 16-bit extension to an 8-bit operating
> system designed for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't
> stand one bit of competition."

best regards

  Dieter

From field.