Re: [Xen-users] Copy files from Centos Guest to Host

To: Rakesh Chawda <rakesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Copy files from Centos Guest to Host
From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:36:46 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:38:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Rakesh Chawda <rakesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any method to copy files from the guest to host? I use virbr networking where the host and the guest have different static IPs.

Just treat them like two separate hosts on a network. I use scp.

scp -c arcfour sourcefile.bin host:/srv/xen/destinationfile.bin

Replace sourcefile.bin with the file you want to copy
Replace host with the remote host ip address
Replace destinationfile.bin with the destination path

I use -c arcfour because it's the lightest encryption. It's worth about another 10-20 MB/sec

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/