Re: [Xen-users] eth0: port 1(peth0) entering disabled state

To: Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] eth0: port 1(peth0) entering disabled state
From: Rémi BERNIER <R.BERNIER@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:14:45 +0200
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:17:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your answer Diego,
I haven't testing another NIC but my server is a Dell PowerEdge T110 who just have 1 year and 6 months..
Before, i was on the kernel 2.6.18-xen but i had the same problem.
I will try to check the patchcords and the phisical network with another NIC.
Thanks for your advice, (I'm not angry with you)

Rémi

Have you tried testing the hardware? Look at the general load of your
systems: can you find any pattern between one or more processes and
the link breaking? If so, the hardware or device driver may not
respond correctly to certain loads (though the tg3 is a longly tested
module). Can you check with another NIC? (e.g. add a NIC and change
udev rules so that it becomes the new eth0/peth0). Is it possible for
you to switch to a newer kernel and test? Also check the patchcords
and the phisical network. Have you performed any of these or other
tests?
This is just to cover basic stuff (don't get angry at me).

--
Diego Augusto Molina
diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx

ES: Por favor, evite adjuntar documentos de Microsoft Office. Serán
desestimados.
EN: Please, avoid attaching Microsoft Office documents. They shall be discarded.
LINK: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html