[Xen-users] xenstored.pid not found after installing xen-4.1.1

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xenstored.pid not found after installing xen-4.1.1
From: Lawrence Ing <larry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:25:34 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 19:26:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just downloaded Xen-4.1.1 from xen.org, compiled it, and installed it.
I then compiled kernel 3.0.0 and added the hypervisor and dom0 kernel in
a grub 2 entry.  After booting, I executed "xl list," to confirm the
hypervisor was running.  I was greeted with this message:

libxl: error: libxl.c:56:libxl_ctx_init Is xenstore daemon running?
failed to stat /var/run/xenstored.pid: No such file or directory
cannot init xl context

I poked around and found there is a folder within /var/run called
"xenstored" and I found there was no service called xenstored
in /etc/init.d.  There are the services I found in init.d:

xencommons
xend
xendomains
xen-watchdog

After extracting the xen source here are the commands I used to compile:

make xen
make tools
make stubdom
make install-xen