Re: [Xen-users] Recommended HZ for Linux DomU?

To: Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Recommended HZ for Linux DomU?
From: Diego Augusto Molina <diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:54:38 -0300
Cc: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:56:05 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=AyrbR0EvfkAVs52vVieNNxAnV4WNi5uHyuxLeKkeWZw=; b=ZG4GWNG5vW4iHQlg+2ul6zIj3Li4Nmphh77TGTzPHNEtUa8KZUM7jrCAQ9N6iqu4VX vA4ec04oyFYvmmGA49dOuvm1fRBeoB+NSyCcx92/NoDKOsyZI6lNp7O5M6kc/DQqJylz gF3l5X1W2QL1okf9NlIzaqx4OUzNxBKOcaHYA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, are you referring to the timer frequency?
 - If so, I *think* 100Hz would be ok. I've always used that freq (XEN
3.4.2) and all has been running nice. Note that it would also be a
preferred setting for any server. I have been using this both for dom0
and domUs, but I haven't tried mixed configurations (for example, how
it would be to have dom0 in 100MHz and domU in 1000MHz).
 - If you mean another thing, please, explain yourself.

2011/7/29, Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Does Xen have a recommended HZ setting for Linux DomUs?
>
> Rgds,
>

> --
> --
> Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
> My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/

Diego Augusto Molina
diegoaugustomolina@xxxxxxxxx

ES: Por favor, evite adjuntar documentos de Microsoft Office. Serán
desestimados.
EN: Please, avoid attaching Microsoft Office documents. They shall be discarded.
LINK: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html