RE: [Xen-users] [GPLPV] Xennet device issues on Win2k3 x32DomU/Disabling

To: "Vchat20" <vchat20@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] [GPLPV] Xennet device issues on Win2k3 x32DomU/Disabling just one PV device
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:27:41 +1000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 05:29:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Thanks for the response. At this point it is kinda a messy install so I am
> going to attempt to repair the install of the GPLPV drivers so it is fully
> operating including the xennet driver. Any idea what I would actually edit in
> the registry to re-enable just the qemu network card?

You need to uninstall the xennet driver - this should be doable from add/remove
programs but I've never tried removing an individual driver before.

Once you do that, you need to undo the following that were set from the inf
file:

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XenPCI\Parameters", "hide_devices",
0x00010008, "#vif#"
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XenPCI\Parameters", "hide_devices",
0x00010008, "VEN_10EC&DEV_8139"
; tell Qemu to hide stuff
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XenPCI\Parameters", "qemu_hide_flags",
0x00010008, 2

So go into HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\XenPCI\Parameters and remove
"#vif" and "VEN_10EC&DEV_8139" from the hide_devices key, and remove "2" from
qemu_hide_flags. On the next boot, xenpci shouldn't hide the qemu network
interface.

James