Re: [Xen-users] Unable to start xend

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Unable to start xend
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:50:06 +0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:51:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 04:55:07PM -0400, Forest Belton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I'm trying to install Xen on Ubuntu 11.04. I read somewhere (please
>> correct me if this is wrong) that Ubuntu hasn't had dom0 support since
>> 8.04 LTS, and the recommended action was to grab a dom0-enabled kernel
>> from Debian, so I did. I'm running 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 and built Xen 4.1.1
>> from source. After installation and some troubleshooting, I tried to
>> start xend. Here is the result:
>>

> Note that xm/xend toolstack is deprecated in Xen 4.1 ! You should use
> xl/libxl instead.

... except that xl is not a drop-in replacement fro xm (yet). For
example, I just found out that "name" is mandatory with xl, otherwise
the domU will get name "test". This is different from "xm" which will
use the file name as domU name.

So personally I'm glad that xm still works on 4.1 :)

--
Fajar