Re: [Xen-users] Building XCP xen-api from git

To: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Building XCP xen-api from git
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 12:03:33 +0100
Cc: "jgpsilver2011@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <jgpsilver2011@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 04:04:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 06/07/11 19:35, Todd Deshane wrote:
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:44 AM,<jgpsilver2011@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I am attempting to wrap my head around XCP right now and
specifically using xen-api (xcp xen-api to avoid confusion)

I'm not sure what you goal is, but you might want to take a look at:

https://github.com/mcclurmc/xen-api-libs/tree/kronos-kitchen-sink

This repo is more up to date:

https://github.com/jonludlam/xen-api-libs.git

and

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Roadmap

jgp@ubuntu1:~/xcp/code/xen-api-libs$ make

[snip]

ocamlfind: Package `type-conv' not found

You need to install the type-conv library. If you're using Debian, just do 'aptitude install libtype-conv-camlp4-dev'. If you're on unstable, this will install type-conv 2.3. For this, you'll definitely need to use one of the two branches that Todd and I mentioned above.

ocamlc -g -pp 'camlp4o -I ../rpc-light -I  pa_type_conv.cmo
pa_rpc.cma' -I ../jsonrpc -I ../rpc-light -c -o fe.cmo fe.ml
Camlp4: Uncaught exception: DynLoader.Error ("pa_rpc.cma", "file
not found in path")

File "fe.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: Preprocessor error
make[1]: *** [fe.cmo] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jgp/xcp/code/xen-api-libs/stdext'
make: *** [all] Error 2

If anyone has any suggestions or even a pointer in the right
direction it would be much appreciated.

You'll need to make sure that you have Xen unstable compiled from source -- the Debian packages don't install the required Xen OCaml libraries yet.

We're in the process of porting xen-api to Debian. Todd and I are hoping to be able to write a wiki sometime next week explaining what we've done and how people can follow along. Let us know if you run into any more problems along the way. We're always lurking on #xen-api on freenode if you'd like to chat.

Mike