Re: [Xen-users] XEN DomU isn't starting...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN DomU isn't starting...
From: Stefan <hest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 22:30:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 13:31:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Fajar,

as it was hard to find a XEN4/Squeeze-Tutorial I've tried my best by
reading several documentations and now (with your help) I'm see a little
progress.

> The long version, you're booting using a kernel from dom0, but
> WITHTOUT and initrd. That's fine if you know what you're doing, but
> from the output it seems that you don't. For starters, you need xen
> frontend block device driver loaded, and usually it's built as module
> (xen-blkfront) on modern distros.

Now using initrd the domu is starting and accessible but...

> Then there's the fact that you use hda on both domU config file and
> fstab. It was deprecated a long time ago, and using it may lead to
> confusion as newer kernels will silently rename it to xvda or xvde.

I also changed hda1 respectively hda2 in /etc/xen/xen1.conf and fstab on
the domu into xvda1 and xvda2.

> There might be other problems, but start with those two.

As I said domu is accessible but... I foudn several mount problems and
the last line before ash-shell starts is "/bin/sh: can't access tty; job
control turned off".

I'm looking forward hearing from you (if you still wish).

Greetings from Hilden
Stefan