Re: [Xen-users] Who is better .

Alexandre Chapellon wrote:

I'd concur with that. We use both at work, I use Xen for the Linux stuff, my manager uses Hyper-V for the Windows stuff. Hyper-V has the advantage for many that it has a nice GUI and you can randomly click options to configure it !

Wow! random clicking that make things works! Great!
Who needs a brain :)

Yeah, it seems to be how many people configure Windows - bring up a random control panel, and randomly stab at tick boxes until it does something vaguely like what you want ! I perhaps exaggerate a bit ...

There is something else to be aware of with Hyper-V - be prepared to add superfluous network ports. It might have been just early versions from when we started using it at work, but I know they had some problems that were only solved by adding separate ports for host and guests.

You know, trivial details like networking stops altogether if you try moving a large file - really handy when attempting to move a VM image to another host.

And something to do with networking not working right if you had host and guests sharing a port - probably linked with the above. I didn't take notes, I recall a certain level of frustration from those involved.
--
Simon Hobson