Re: [Xen-users] OpenSUSE 11.4 (2.6.39-30.1), Xen 4.0.2 - Device 0 (vif)

To: Steven Altsman <steven.altsman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] OpenSUSE 11.4 (2.6.39-30.1), Xen 4.0.2 - Device 0 (vif) Could not be connected
From: Dustin Marquess <dmarquess@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 09:36:34 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 May 2011 09:38:33 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=8gYPCtnKqnVZlzXwCsofIrKBtT7BrnvdT9L+WljpogU=; b=SZnyojKJ7Te+9egZjn5P+GQ9BnjTFbkcyvV9GLpOjoUdhObCRG35LPk9ptqKSlnpUG xYSLf+bls+ANGFQ6lzVtevVYzNouCMybXCQaQUcT3ALSGfkD+Pu8yoFYyOtQH/i7aZVw LcgI4C8QFPrPlowyDhIOSKiYsAyL6TYSWoVdw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just did this last week.  I'm not sure what Tumbleweed is, I was
using the Xen 4.1 repo from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization/openSUSE_11.4/

At least in my case, YaST2 didn't seem to make the bridge
automatically, although I'm sure I did something stupid (I hadn't
touched OpenSuSE for over a year, so I was a little rusty).  So I
ended up making /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-xenbr0 by hand.

That worked fine if I used xm create.  However for some reason xl
create would never add the vif to the bridge, so networking in the
domU wouldn't work.  I'm sure I was doing something stupid, but I just
used xm as I didn't have time to figure it out.

I don't remember having any of these problems w/ 11.3 & Xen 3.4.x :).

-Dustin