[Xen-devel] Re: vga passthrough on some graphic card result in guest slo

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: vga passthrough on some graphic card result in guest slow
From: "Jin Cui" <generalking@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 18:24:46 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2011 03:25:41 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I think I got the reason. There is no snoop control support on my VT-d hardware. From xm dmesg I got "Intel VT-d Snoop Control not enabled" message.
Check xen code, if no snoop control hardware, xen will trigger wbinvd operation at all cpu, this downgrad the performance.
As some IOH chipset, like Intel 5520, they don't need snoop, should xen handle this?

Thanks,
Jin