[Xen-users] XCP quiesce questions

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP quiesce questions
From: Gregory Durham <gregory.durham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 12:59:04 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:01:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello All,
I am working on a large storage array running Solaris 11 Express with
the comstar iSCSI target service. I have several xcp 1.0 servers
running in a pool using this storage as iscsi, not lvmoiscsi. Which in
I am using the VDI-per-LUN model. This also means that I am unable to
utilize the xen snapshots. What I would like to do is to use the zfs
snapshots so that I can replicate them between sites. However, my
issue is that we will have several database servers as well as
exchange 2007 running in virtual machines and we need to somehow
quiesce these vms during the zfs snapshot procedure otherwise they
will only be crash consistent, which can be very bad as many of you
know. Is there a way to call the quiesce operation at the same time I
am calling the zfs snapshot? Is there an api call that I can make to
accomplish this? Does anyone have any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks,
Greg