RE: [Xen-users] XCP: Insecure Distro ?

To: "'A Cold Penguin'" <verycoldpenguin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XCP: Insecure Distro ?
From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:11:40 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:12:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are referring to a “no-no” that refers to multi user situations.  XCP’s dom0 is a single user (root) environment, so you don’t have to worry about hardening the security in the same ways that you would in a multi user Unix SSH environment.  In the case of XCP’s dom0, the passwd file is only “vulnerable” if you are already logged into the dom0 as root.  And if you are already logged in as root, you would not need to worry about the passwd file.