[Xen-users] debian Lenny -> Squeeze domU mdX software raid migration - f

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] debian Lenny -> Squeeze domU mdX software raid migration - failed to assemble arrays
From: Cameron Camp <cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 10:12:16 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 May 2011 10:13:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I got the previous migration with standard /dev/sdX Dom0 to work by
changing

/dev/sda2

/dev/xvda2

in /etc/xen/whatever.domain.com.cfg

but now I'm migrating Lenny DomU VM to a Squeeze Dom0 which uses
software raid filesystem like:

/dev/md2

but DomU uses /dev/sda2 /home/xen/domains/whatever.domain.com/disk.img
still, and won't see the proper hdd, I get:

mount: mounting none on /dev failed: No such device
W: devtmpfs not available, falling back to tmpfs for /dev
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
KDGKBMODE: Bad file descriptor
loadkeys: error reading keyboard mode
Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done.
Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin:
Running /scripts/local-top ... Begin: Loading[    1.304655] md: raid1
personality registered for level 1
Success: loaded module raid1.
done.
Begin: Assembling all MD arrays ... Failure: failed to assemble all
arrays.
done.
done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system ... done.
Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
   - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
   - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT!  /dev/xvda2 does not exist.  Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.17.1 (Debian 1:1.17.1-8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
(initramfs)
it seems like I somehow don't have the right "driver" loading in DomU to
see Dom0 md2 filesystem, but couldn't find anything in /boot/whatever
(or even /boot) in DomU where I could pass an argument to load whatever,
is there something in the whatever.domain.com.cfg I can set to specify
md2 on Dom0 filesystem to be recognized by DomU?

Thanks,
Cameron